Miles -what it means

.

Hand of GOD
"Hand of GOD"                                                                                                                                                  

Sunday, March 14, 2021

March 14, 2021. Holiday Island, AR. Discipline

I have always considered myself a disciplined person. Whether it was education, music study, sports and fitness, work, diet, volunteer service, following through with a project or honoring a promise, I have been able to make a plan and stick to it. I always looked to the goal of completing everything I set out to do.
My "resume" is pretty extensive. But I'm facing a different kind of discipline after my shoulder surgery. The VA gave me an initial list of exercises, stretches and a preliminary timetable for them. In the first week I got with their plan and when I met the non-VA person who will oversee my Physical Rehab, it became obvious that there were two plans and they were quite different. It was very clear that I was going to have to proceed more slowly or risk undoing the operation and injuring myself further. In this case, discipline means not pushing forward, but pulling back and accepting that this is a marathon and not a sprint. A 75 year old body is not the same as the body I had when I was previously injured or ill. I hope the various parties to my medical situation can agree on the correct rehab path and that I have the discipline, patience and sense to do what is in my best interest. I pray for God's healing hand on me and His reason and purpose for this slower season in my service to Him and His Kingdom. It's pretty certain there is a long road ahead. Stay tuned for the "rest of the story....."

Sent from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment