Miles -what it means

.

Hand of GOD
"Hand of GOD"                                                                                                                                                  

Thursday, December 3, 2020

December 3, 2020. Holiday Island, AR. 75

Today is my birthday, and thanks to our friend Isy, all her Facebook "friends" knew about it early in the day. Since Karen and I don't do Facebook, Isy sent out a message with a nice statement and a few pictures of me in a Passion Play "garb" There were many replies and she sent me periodic updates on who was sending me birthday wishes. This evening she will send out a blanket "thank you" to convey my appreciation for their well-wishes.
This was a milestone as far as birthdays go: #75. You see, I have a unique birthdate: December 3, 1945 or, as I sometimes tell people who ask, 12345. Pretty cool, and easy to remember unless you confuse it with the other 12345, January 23, 1945. I had a school friend years ago who gave me a card every January 23d saying he was either a month and a half late, or 10 months early, but he did remember the 12345.
I never expected to reach 75, but years ago, I think it was when I had just turned 60, I asked for the Senior Discount at a Chinese restaurant in Loveland, Colorado and when they asked me how old I was, they said I would have to wait until I was 75 to get the discount. Well, today I qualified, but unfortunately the restaurant is no longer in business. I have finally qualified to play softball for the Kids and Cubs in St. Petersburg, Florida. All players in the league are 75 or above. I'll see how a I feel after the rotator cuff repair.........but I'm not so sure I want to live in Florida. We've kind of gotten comfortable in our cabin in the woods. As the sign says..............

No comments:

Post a Comment