Miles -what it means

.

Hand of GOD
"Hand of GOD"                                                                                                                                                  

Monday, February 3, 2020

February 3, 2020. Eureka Springs, AR. Too Fast

As we get older, and slower, the technology we are using is getting faster and faster. I tried to read an article on the 3G to 4G to 5G progression over the past 20 years and what that means to us. To be honest, I really didn't understand what I was reading and I am no smarter now than I was before I read the article. Why it's important to "deliver multi-GBPs peak rates, ultra low latency, massive capacity, and more uniform user experience" and "producing up to $12 trillion worth of goods and services" at speeds 100 times faster than 4G, which only uploads at a mere 8Mbps......I really don't understand.
My cell phone does pretty good even if it is a 6 series and far less "smart" than the newest 10 series. I have enough problems figuring out the phone I have and do not relish the thought of having to even occasionally use Karen's 8 series when she is driving and I have to manipulate her ringing phone. Too much......too fast, for me. Remember how fast Muhammad Ali was, "turned off the light switch in his hotel room and was in bed before the room was dark". Pretty fast.
We have a number of friends and acquaintances who have resisted the move into the 21st century. I may be a few steps behind........but........a flip phone? Come on guys.


Sent from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment