Miles -what it means

.

Hand of GOD
"Hand of GOD"                                                                                                                                                  

Tuesday, February 18, 2020

February 18, 2020. Eureka Springs, AR. Write A Book?

I have always enjoyed writing. Many of the courses in high school, college and law school required term papers, research projects or even original research on a chosen topic. Writing them required a lot of study, reading existing sources and then doing the actual writing, editing, typing, proofing and presenting of the final product. It was a lot of work, hardly any financial investment and, then, the resulting critique and grade.
I had a wide range of grades from A to F and in some cases I made such mistakes as to embarrass myself and undo all the effort expended. One time my cover sheet boldly presented "Eli Whitey" rather than Eli Whitney as the inventor of the cotton gin. Bad boo-boo. Another time on an original research projects I failed to read a book which presented the exact conclusion I was presenting and led to a failing grade for poor researching and even being "accused" of plagiarism of the book I never read.
When people ask if I have a book or DVD on the topics I present in The Holy Land, I tell them I don't, but invite them to record my presentation and the blowing of the Shofar. Since I am constantly studying, reading other peoples' stuff and tailoring what I say for the specific group before me, a hard copy book or a single DVD is soon out of date or even inaccurate. So, I probably won't be writing a book soon, and the books I could have written about what happened in my 20's, 30's, 40's, 50's and 60's are now in the category of faded memory and "did I really ever do THAT?"
I will, however, keep blogging every few days and if someone wants to put the six plus years of posts into book form to compete with the millions already out there, let me know and we can discuss it. You better have some compelling reason to do so...I don't.

Sent from my iPad

1 comment:

  1. I once thought that there was enough about my father to write a book; started an outline; most of the content was only important to me...
    Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete