Miles -what it means

.

Hand of GOD
"Hand of GOD"                                                                                                                                                  

Friday, December 20, 2019

December 20, 2019. Eureka Springs, AR. The Rule Of Law

At one time, I thought I wanted to be a lawyer. I took all the required college courses, took the LSAT, attended three years of Law School, took a Virginia Bar Exam Review Course, passed the Virginia State Bar Exam on the first try, paid the required
fees and promptly walked away from the legal profession.
I realized that I didn't have the requisite mind-set, competitive ability or necessary personality to handle other peoples' predicaments and personal problems and maybe not the respect for "the law" that was required to call myself an attorney. And so, I made my living in other legal ways. The more I have been around lawyers, listened to their discussions on a wide variety of subjects, watched our government officials with law degrees do their jobs, I am glad I do not count myself as one of them. It's embarrassing to hear the rhetoric, the lack of respect for opposing opinions and the feeling expressed by many that "my way is better than your way" and if you don't like it "sue me".
The entire impeachment procedure we are being forced to endure is a travesty. Over 60 million people voted in 2016 to elect Donald Trump the President of the United States and before he even was sworn into office, there was a move by the opposition to impeach him and have him removed from office. Lawyers jumped into the fray, and we are now witness to a situation where about 230 members of the House of Representatives can undo the votes of those 60 million Americans. And if the next step of the process, which is in question, takes place it is possible that 67 members of the Senate could completely nullify the voice of those 60 million. This is what some call the Rule Of Law.
Donald Trump ran on a platform which evoked strong opinions pro and con. He spoke bluntly, has done many of the things he said he would do and while he has ruffled some feathers and had a revolving door of members of his cabinet and inner circle, he deserves better than what the press, reporters and many people standing on the First Amendment have thrown at him.
Our political situation is a mess. Our country is badly divided and we have too many people who want their rights while denying others of their rights. We need to step back........be considerate of how we are different......and realize that unless we truly aspire to be The United States Of America, we risk the chance of undoing The Rule Of Law which made us a great country and which threatens our future, and ultimately the future of our entire world. Can't we just agree to disagree......and live in peace. May God help us to do so.

Sent from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment