Miles -what it means

.

Hand of GOD
"Hand of GOD"                                                                                                                                                  

Wednesday, December 11, 2019

December 11, 2019. Eureka Springs, AR. Decisions?

We make a lot of decisions every day. When I Googled, "how many decisions we make every day", the answer came out: 35,000. 35,000? Yes.......35,000. Most of these decisions are made without much thought expended, and most involve what to eat, what to wear, who to talk to, or not talk to......and on, and on, and on.....without much consequence to the matter.
But, some decisions are not routine and have severe consequences. Right now I am facing one of those major decisions, and I have to take a lot of other decision into the reasoning process. As I have already written, I injured my rotator cuff, and it is a very complex joint and involves numerous muscles, tendons, ligaments, nerves, and other body parts attached thereto. To have an operation involves pain, "downtime", limited activity after recovery, no guarantee of success,, and always the possibility of re-injuring it if I do too much too soon, or just take another tumble. No operation means limited physical activity for now and later, pain, over-stressing another body part, constant discomfort. The surgeon is willing to operate and my physical therapists says he can help me strengthen the surrounding parts to bypass the injured part. What to do?
I've done well with the therapy, until I slipped on some wet leaves on my 74th birthday and banged my bad shoulder. 74 years old? Yes, 74, and still doing a lot of physical stuff which is really intended for a younger me. I made the decision, after the MRI and speaking with the surgeon, to forego the operation and try therapy and "try" to slow down and act my age, which I have to make multiple decisions to implement.
So, on Friday it's back to therapy and the range of motion exercises, weight training of one, two, or three pounds per exercise, and limiting my stuccoing, heavy lifting, walking and wogging on uneven surfaces and most likely assuming more "old man" roles in the Passion Play and less Disciple roles when we start the 2020 season in April. But, that's looking too far into the future. For the moment, I've decided to take it one step at a time, one day at a time and trust God for what He would have me do, when to do it and how to accomplish it with the least possibility of hurting myself.
The other 34,999 decisions will have to wait.


Sent from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment