Miles -what it means

.

Hand of GOD
"Hand of GOD"                                                                                                                                                  

Tuesday, April 9, 2019

April 9, 2019. Eureka Springs, AR. Weeds

I have asked to be relieved of my amphitheater clean-up duty the morning after our Passion Play performances. I have really enjoyed the early morning exercise of walking up and down the 40 rows, 4 times, picking up the "left behind" mess, finding lost or forgotten items and trying to reconnect them with their rightful owner. But I have other early morning duties, and would like to have someone else take over the duty I have handled the past five years.
The other task I would like to find someone else for, is the weeding of the 4000 seat amphitheater. I have pulled them by hand, sprayed them with weed killer or the spray which destroys the root system for good, and most recently have tried to spray them with white vinegar.
I will need to wait a few more days to see if the vinegar works. Then I can spray the remaining 3500 seats or, ideally, find someone else to vinegarize them. I can't believe how big some of the weeds are already and our trees, bushes, flowers and plants have barely begun to blossom out.
Between the leaves, weeds and spraying for insects there is plenty to keep a small army of people busy for the entire season and well into the off season. If you want to join us for a week, a month, or even longer, we would be glad to share the fun. I remember our plan to just spend a short time here in Arkansas.........and six years later.......we're still at it.
The best laid plans............

Sent from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment