Miles -what it means

.

Hand of GOD
"Hand of GOD"                                                                                                                                                  

Wednesday, April 24, 2019

April 24, 2019. Eureka Springs, AR. Loving People We Don't Like

Jesus asks us to love one another, to love people we don't like, people we don't care to have anything to do with. While it is relatively simple to become a Christian, this love thing makes it anything but easy to become a "good" Christian. Monday, after a full weekend of Passion Play, sunrise service, church and a fellowship meal thereafter, it felt pretty easy to love those I was with. Peace and joy and love were in abundant evidence.
And then came Monday and my contact with someone who I would not have willingly chosen to be with for more than a cursory interval, but was compelled to spend a minimum of two hours with. I have no idea who this person was, where she came from, what her life was like, or why she was so reluctant to accept the things I was saying to her, but it was a difficult two hours. I'm sure I said something, or did something, or was someone she disliked, and as much as I tried to convey Christian love to her, she was just as determined to not show Christian love to me. It was an uncomfortable situation for me and I'm sure it was the same for her.
I don't know if I will ever encounter her again, and I don't feel that I have been "damaged" by the experience, but it gave me pause to think about how we interact with others, how we get along with some and have difficulty with others, but must, somehow, "be Jesus" and see each of them "as Jesus" and find a way to love them, when we don't like them. Jesus never promised us an easy path through life, but rather a path with twists and turns, obstacles, trials and sorrows. One day it will not be so. Peace and joy and love will be in abundant evidence..........Come, Lord Jesus, Come.............Come Soon.
Sent from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment