Miles -what it means

.

Hand of GOD
"Hand of GOD"                                                                                                                                                  

Monday, April 15, 2019

April 15, 2019. Eureka Springs, AR. Weeds, Plan B

The vinegar plan for weed control in the amphitheater, didn't work. So, I put Plan B into effect, and after three days of weed whacking, blower blowing and then spraying a mixture of white vinegar, coarse kosher salt and dish washing liquid on the weed stubble, I have completed about 3500 seats of the 4000, or so, in the amphitheater. The remainder will be tackled ....later.
Saturday I worked in cloudy, cold weather until it started to rain. Sunday I worked in windy mild weather and today I worked in warm, windy, bright sunshine conditions. The project consumed about 15 hours and from the noise of the tools and the back-pack blower, I had two days of stuff flying all over the place and today I was feeling like the Hunchback of Notre Dame bent over because of the small capacity pump sprayer I was using. I did a lot of walking back and forth on each row and up and down the stairs. It was a lot of work, but hopefully the weeds will stay away for a while and won't have to be revisited until we have our summer youth groups here in June and July. It's a lot easier to assign 10 young folks to weed patrol than for me to take on the task by myself. It's good to be sitting down, done for the day, with $.12 "found" money for TGPP donation box. Tomorrow..............Dress Rehearsal

Sent from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment