Miles -what it means

.

Hand of GOD
"Hand of GOD"                                                                                                                                                  

Tuesday, February 28, 2017

February 28, 2017. Madison, GA. A Double Portion

Elisha was the protege of Elijah. When Elijah was about to "die", Elisha requested that he might receive a double portion of Elijah's spirit. Scripture records 28 miracles through Elisha, twice as many as the 14 through Elijah.
Today was truly a double portion day since three of my daily devotionals, Streams In The Desert, Experiencing God and My Utmost For His Highest, all had devotionals not only for February 28, but devotionals for February 29, as well. There is no way I could not read and enjoy the double portion of devotionals, since each spoke to me in a way which deepened my walk with The Lord (SITD), gave me peace and strengthened my resolve to uplift others (EG), and being committed to accomplishing the impossible by asking for God's power and continuing grace (MUFHH). Certainly, messages not to be read only every fourth year, but every year and applied every day.
Today was also a double portion for Karen and me. Karen has been married to me for 43 years, and I have been married to her for 43 years. God had a sense of humor when He arranged for us to meet at Levitz Furniture in Lakewood, Colorado as I was heading toward California from Virginia and she was heading east from Utah to live in Denver. It's been quite a journey; what a wonderful story He has written; He has deepened Karen's faith and brought me from my Jewish upbringing to a born-again faith in Jesus Christ, made many impossibles possible in our lives and given us peace and the desire serve Him and uplift others.
Thank You, Lord, for the Double Portion and so much more. Happy 43rd Anniversary Karen. Best years of my life.

Sent from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment