Miles -what it means

.

Hand of GOD
"Hand of GOD"                                                                                                                                                  

Sunday, February 19, 2017

February 19, 2017. Madison, GA. Serious Thoughts

Friday I spent the afternoon riding the X-Mark zero-turn mower around the SLMI property. I enjoy the outdoor work and the pleasant temperature made it a fun experience. There are some tricky areas to negotiate, but not like the "slippery slopes" at TGPP. That gives me a chance to weigh the serious matters of life and think about our roles as volunteers, our commitment to the ministries we serve and our call to be witnesses for Jesus Christ.
I didn't solve any major issues, so Saturday I spent the day relaxing, still thinking about our roles as volunteers, our commitment to the ministries we serve and our call to be witnesses for Jesus Christ. We spent the evening with members of our church Sunday School class for a time of food, fellowship and fun. I was still in a thoughtful mood and mostly listened to the discussions about our roles as staff and volunteers, our commitment to the ministries we serve and our call to be witnesses for Jesus Christ.
This morning the Sunday School teaching about the 7 "I Ams" in the Book of John and the message about returning to the altar and the initial call of God on our lives kept my focus on the role, commitment and witness of our life which had occupied me for the past three days. My conclusion........Let God call the shots, be content with where God has placed us, and be ready to be a witness to the attributes of God and the sacrifice of Jesus Christ on our behalf and the grace He extends to us every moment of every day. Serious thoughts......... good thoughts.........seek..........ask..........knock...........abide........Let God be God.
Now for the lighter side of today. As the weather turns springlike, and looks to stay that way for at least the next week, the "capture count" begins and the defense of health, hearth and home begins. Today..........two ladybugs.........one stink bug.........three chigger bites. Did I say lighter side? From past blog posts, you know this is serious business as well, and something to be faced and determinedly overcome. Bring out the heavy artillery.



Sent from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment