Miles -what it means

.

Hand of GOD
"Hand of GOD"                                                                                                                                                  

Wednesday, October 7, 2015

October 7, 2015. Eureka Springs, AR. Parts is Parts

Scripture tells us that the body is made of many parts, and that each part is essential to the proper functioning of the whole body. Every part is important and every part must be treated with care and respect. The body referred to is the human body, but applies to the church body as well and to the gifts and service we as a church member bring to the whole fellowship of believers.
At the moment, I am nursing a very tender middle finger on my right hand. On Monday, I closed the car door on that finger and after a few hosannas and hallelujahs I began the process of Dr. Hal'ing the ouwee. With the help of WebMD and a host of home remedies, I feel that I will be okay in short order. The finger nail is a pretty shade of blue, but more than likely I will not have it for too much longer. In my marathon, triathlon and cycling days, I was very familiar with black toe nails and the need to remove them as a body part, so while this is my first hand in the door and first potential finger nail loss, I think I'll be able to handle it, no pun intended.
It's amazing to me how this very minor injury impacts so many other things. When I reach out to grab something or try to get something from my pants pocket, or do anything routine with my right hand, the first point of impact is the tip of the injured finger. Ouch. It makes me more sensitive to people with bigger and more painful injuries or illnesses and how insensitive, no pun intended, I often am to their pain and suffering. As Christians we are to mourn with those who mourn and share the burdens with those who can't bear them alone. We are to comfort those who are going through difficulties we ourselves have been through and sympathize and empathize with those who suffer and struggle with life's obstacles. Yes, the body aches, the body of Christ aches and all of humanity aches. Yes, parts is parts, and we are a part of the conglomeration of parts which make up our world. It's not always easy, but it is our duty to do our part and ask God for the temperament and character to do our part as He calls us to do it. Thank You, Lord, for Your example.



Sent from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment