Miles -what it means

.

Hand of GOD
"Hand of GOD"                                                                                                                                                  

Tuesday, October 13, 2015

October 13, 2015. Eureka Springs, AR. My will or Yours?

Moses killed the Egyptian taskmaster, thinking it was his duty to right a wrong done to a Hebrew slave. But for the next forty years, he had a lot of opportunity, while tending sheep, to question whether what he did in Egypt was God's will or his own. When God spoke to Moses from the burning bush, it was obvious that God felt Moses was finally ready to serve Him on His terms and for His glory.
How often do we get ahead of God and get into ministry for what we want to do and not what God wants us to do? As I think back on our years of ministry in Fort Collins, I know that we did many worthwhile and useful things, and some of them were God-inspired, but there were some done for selfish reasons, not done with a loving heart and even some which were done only to be seen by others and for prideful ends. I am not trying to negate all we did, but I am trying to put into perspective what we did, what we are doing now and what we are planning for the future. The key to it all is "not my will, but Yours be done" and how we discern His will and be obedient to it. I don't believe there is a pat answer or a sure-fire formula we can plug into, but I do believe God speaks to us, The Holy Spirit prompts us and checks us and Scripture and history give us multiple examples of those who submitted to the will of God and did works which advanced His Kingdom and changed lives. From those examples we can be encouraged.
I pray that Karen and I, and each and every Christian, be receptive to God's Word, attentive to His voice however it may come to us and obedient to the call He places on us. Hopefully we can all live up to Jesus' words, "Not my will, Lord, but Yours be done".


Sent from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment