Miles -what it means

.

Hand of GOD
"Hand of GOD"                                                                                                                                                  

Saturday, December 6, 2014

December 6, 2014. Hoschton, GA. On vacation

Karen and I enjoy going places we haven't been before. Whenever we travel a new road, go to a new destination or have a unique experience, we say to each other, "we're on vacation". When we left Madison on Thursday, we were soon on vacation, and for about 40 miles we were in that mode. When we reached our friends in Hoschton, we were in familiar territory. Karen and Kathy are reviving an activity they enjoyed in Fort Collins, putting up the Christmas Village. Russ, who had a busy work week is putting up outdoor decorations and I am acting like I'm on vacation, by just reading, eating and blogging and not really volunteering to help, but jumping in when asked to. It's nice to just relax, and I hope everyone will complete their tasks, and be able to just rest and relax with me.
I've been re-reading a book by Timothy Keller, The Prodigal God, and although I read the book when we were in Jacksonville earlier this year, I don' remember absorbing anything it said. It is really speaking to me this time and making me think about Luke 15 and the parables Jesus presents there. I have one chapter to go and am looking forward to finishing it later today or tomorrow. Kind of like being on vacation. I would definitely recommend this short book to everyone.
The last time I did not spend a night in our motor home was when we were here in Hoschton in February. It seems strange to be traveling as we are, be in so many different places, and yet go to sleep in the same bed every night for the past 10 months. It's nice to be here, on vacation, but not on vacation. God has been so good to us. I say it often, and as I wrote a few blogs ago, so thankful for the journey God has set out for us. I never tire of saying, THANK YOU LORD. I never take a vacation from that.


Sent from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment