Miles -what it means

.

Hand of GOD
"Hand of GOD"                                                                                                                                                  

Wednesday, December 3, 2014

December 3, 2014. Madison, GA. Happy Birthday

Today is my birthday. I was born on 12-3-45 so there is no excuse for anyone forgetting it, except my law school friend Harv who got the numbers right but spaced them 1-23 so I could always expect a belated greeting from him.
I have had a great day so far with a lot of unusual activities to mark the day. I went to the scrap yard with Brian, in a 1967 (the year I graduated college) Chevy dump truck. Brought back memories of some of the 50's and 60's cars we grew up with. We rigged a Kuboda ZTR mower to tow a leaf rake so we will be able to start picking up the 20+ acres of leaves which are covering the ground. Marvin, a genius machinist in his 80's, who has fabricated a boatload of labor-saving and money-saving "things" here at SLMI oversaw the project, and promptly jumped on the mower to test out his creation. It works, and Ron will have a field day as he mulches and picks up all the leaves he can handle over the next days and weeks. Three of us were sung to at chapel, and Karen gave me some peanut butter-chocolate brownies as a gift. I spoke with my friend Saxton from Fort Collins and my brother sent an email and a "looking forward" to our Jacksonville visit in mid-January. The weather was perfect for the morning's inside duties and being outdoors in the afternoon. It was a good day and a Happy Birthday and Earl even came by to visit.
Tomorrow we will take the car and head off for a weekend in Hoschton, GA to visit Russ, Kathy and Emily, our friends from Fort Collins who moved to Georgia a few years ago. We visited them earlier this year and it will be good to see them again. We have a back-roads route planned so we can see some of the scenery and small towns between here and there.
Yes, it was a good day and a good birthday and we are glad we could spend it in service to The Lord and His ministry here and be part of its impact around the world. Thank You, Lord for correcting our hotspot issue from the last blog without having to do anything more than restart the I-Pad and hotspot Monday morning, for watching over us as we seek to do what You have called us to do with the people You have put in our life. We are blessed and grateful.

Sent from my iPad

1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday, Hal ! Sounds like you are having a great time.

    ReplyDelete