Miles -what it means

.

Hand of GOD
"Hand of GOD"                                                                                                                                                  

Wednesday, October 8, 2014

October 8, 2014. Eureka Springs, AR. History

I have always been a history enthusiast. In college, History was one of my many majors as I struggled through my four years seeking to find out what I was going to be when I grew up. Unfortunately, a lot of effort went into those college courses, as well as my law school courses and I'm still, at age 68, trying to find out what I want to be when I grow up, if I ever do.
Karen and I have a joint interest in the history of places, people and things. In our travels we visit a lot of museums, try to glean the character of an area from it's long-time residents, watch many history programs on television, have visited historic downtowns, use the internet to learn the history of places we pass through and study maps for places of historic interest to visit. We have been known to stop at every Historical Marker on a stretch of highway, and even take pictures of them to refer back to later. But, there is so much History and as each day passes there is more and more history to uncover and try to remember. It would be wonderful to be able to sort out the different viewpoints of the same event and really find out the truth of what really happened.
I'm confident that one day, when we are in Heaven and have eternity to learn all that has transpired from the Creation, we will see History as it really took place and know everything and everyone we are now curious about. We will be able to visit with any character of history we want to and have every question answered and have everything fully revealed. And most of all His Story will be more than words on a page, but ours to fully absorb and appreciate beyond what we can now comprehend. We rest on the promises of His Word and the hope of better things yet to come for those who trust and believe and live for Him.
History is not just all that has already taken place, but what we are living right now and what each tomorrow we have allotted to us will bring. Now we say: so much to know and so little time to learn it, but then we will say so much to know and all the time needed to learn it. Keep learning, and keep hoping. The best is yet to come. Thank You, Lord.

Sent from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment