Miles -what it means

.

Hand of GOD
"Hand of GOD"                                                                                                                                                  

Sunday, October 19, 2014

October 19, 2014. Eureka Springs, AR. Elvis, and.......

I grew up in the Rock and Roll era of the '50's and '60's, but was never an Elvis fan. In 1995, on one of our long road trips we visited Graceland in Memphis and I gained a different appreciation of Elvis' life, his music (particularly his Gospel music), and his philanthropic activities for friends and strangers alike.
This past week, there have been several "Elvis sightings" is my life and I'm not sure exactly why. Last Sunday we heard the testimony of one of our fellow volunteers at TGPP while attending church at Holiday Island Baptist Church. He has a compelling witness to the power of Jesus Christ, and is blessed with a professional singing voice. He sang the gospel song "Who Am I" which is a song Elvis sang powerfully during his life and was a song which impacted me tremendously on our visit to Graceland, and brought me to uncontrollable tears last Sunday. I have been singing that song in my mind all week. And......
Prior to the Play each evening there is a pre-show period of talk and occasional entertainment. Our CEO, Randall has been doing the pre-show the past three evenings, and he too has a professional quality singing voice. One of his songs has been "I Believe", another Elvis gospel favorite, and one which moves me deeply for its words and melody. As I prepare to sound the shofar, after he sings that song, I need to concentrate on the notes I must blow and not the emotional lump in my throat. And....
On Thursday I saw a white Cadillac in our parking lot with a"1 Elvis" license plate and took the picture you see on this blog.
I'm not completely sure what all these "coincidences" with Elvis mean, but I know there are no coincidences and everything which happens, happens for a reason. There is no coincidence that our friend from NAS-Jax in January came to visit us yesterday, or that the second shofar blower we were expecting to come, arrived half an hour before the play yesterday and we were able to to effect an emotional "call-response" sounding with nothing more than a one minute "rehearsal" and a plan which just "fell into place".
Something is at work here and in our life. We have felt that for our whole six month stay at TGPP. But, perhaps we've been moving too fast with our "work" to understand and appreciate what is really at work in us. We need to slow down........ be still........and listen to what God is saying in all these "coincidences". Help us Lord to hear You and be obedient to what You are telling us. Let's start today.....on Your Sabbath......

Sent from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment