Miles -what it means

.

Hand of GOD
"Hand of GOD"                                                                                                                                                  

Wednesday, October 1, 2014

October 1, 2014. Eureka Springs, AR. The Shofar

I grew up in a Kosher Jewish home in up-state New York. We belonged to a Conservative Synagogue and observed all of the traditional holidays, spent a great deal of time either at the Synagogue or the Jewish Community Center or with Jewish friends. The shofar, the rams horn or horn of a larger animal, was a staple of the worship service and while I knew the "calls" and could sound them that duty was left to the cantor or a mature member of the congregation.
After I became a Christian in 1999, and my Jewish background became known, I was often asked about the shofar and whether I owned one or could blow one which might belong to someone else. Eventually, when our Fort Collins Passion Play wanted to institute a call-and-response opening for the Play, I purchased a triple-twist Great Kudu horn and began sounding the horn for the Play and various other occasions. Last night I had the opportunity to open The Great Passion Play by sounding the horn from the roof of the Sanhedrin, dressed as a priest. I then went on to my normal role as a disciple and other extra Play duties. It was an honor to sound the shofar and I will be performing that duty for the duration of the season (12 more performances).
God has blessed us with this "assignment" in Arkansas and we are now in the home stretch for the 2014 PP season. We are praying about an opportunity to serve Source of Light Ministries in Madison, Georgia. There are four couples considering spending part of the late fall and winter there. God will direct us there, or elsewhere, as He determines. For now, we go about our Play day and non-play day activities, grateful for the opportunity to serve, being blessed and blessing others as we follow the road He sets before us and awaiting the final Shofar sound which we will one day hear. Thank You, Lord. Maranatha.

Sent from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment