Miles -what it means

.

Hand of GOD
"Hand of GOD"                                                                                                                                                  

Thursday, May 5, 2022

May 5, 2022. Holiday Island, AR. I’ve Heard Enough

I turn on the television to be entertained or informed, but am finding that I am achieving neither. I watch sports to enjoy the physical abilities of highly trained athletes not to root for any particular team or individual. I get tired of the offensive commercials, the political bickering, the biased reporting on most of the major channels and the "panel" type shows where everyone is upbeat and perky and everyone talks at the same time
What is my current "peeve"? It's Fox News airing the Depp v Heard defamation trial. Why in the world they are choosing to air a "he said-she said" trial between two highly overpaid actors is beyond me. I turn on Fox News when I'm home during the day to learn what is happening in Ukraine, in Congress, in the status of the important issues of the day, not to see who is going to be awarded the best actor or best actress Emmy for daytime drama. I'd rather watch reruns of old game shows on Buzzer or Opie and Andy or M.A.S.H. on METV.
The world is a mess and with mid-term elections coming up, the "official" Supreme Court decision on the Mississippi abortion case due in June, we have enough serious matters to "tune out" without having to endure "Hollywood on Trial". Lord help us…..PLEASE.



Sent from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment