Miles -what it means

.

Hand of GOD
"Hand of GOD"                                                                                                                                                  

Thursday, September 2, 2021

September 2, 2021. Holiday Island, AR. Doing Life

Labor Day weekend is our second opportunity of this Passion Play season to have three consecutive performance days in a row. When we first came to the Passion Play in 2014 the schedule called for four performance days per week for most of the season with Thursday, Friday and Saturday each week except in August. It was a grueling schedule and took early season "training" to hold up for the full season.
But, age has a way of making even a three performance week a challenge and three days in a row is hard on my aging body. The past three weeks I have been back in the fitness center where I did my shoulder therapy earlier in the year, to be better prepared for this three in a row, and then the Tuesday, Friday, Saturday schedule for the rest of September and October. I hope it will pay dividends.
The Olympics and Paralympics have inspired me to do my best to try to stay fit, not to get back into any type of competitive arena, but just to be better able to do the usual activities of daily life, chores around the cabin, helping others with their chores, and stay healthy in an "out of shape" culture. I'm grateful for being able to do what I do, thankful to have been able to persevere through accidents, illnesses, weather challenges and any number of other obstacles. I read Psalm 139 this morning as part of my morning devotional time. Thank You, Lord, for Your inspired Word and Your guiding hand.

Sent from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment