Miles -what it means

.

Hand of GOD
"Hand of GOD"                                                                                                                                                  

Monday, August 17, 2020

August 17, 2020. Holiday Island, AR. On The Edge

My visit to the VA last week was a wake-up call. The blood work was pretty much unchanged from last year except for two numbers; glucose and a1c. Although the numbers are not in the danger zone, they have risen significantly and need to be headed downward instead of upward. And so, some drastic actions are necessary and there may be a period of "withdrawal" for me to endure in order to achieve those lower numbers in three months.
I'm taking too many medications and supplements as it is, so another pill is not an option. It will eat less (or eliminate) ice cream (I am addicted), no more yoghurt every day, no energy bars with all that added sugar, no Dots, no popcorn every day, fewer chips and pretzels, fewer processed foods, and less pre-bed snacking; and initiate a diet more focused on fruits and vegetables, an egg a day, nuts, seeds and fewer Ensure-Plus meals on the run. We also now live about two miles from a fitness center which accepts Silver Sneakers, so I signed up and will get back to a moderate exercise "routine" to encourage my body to burn off some of its unnecessary baggage.
I can, and will, do this. There are too many things still to be done. I don't think God put us at the Passion Play these past seven seasons, or gave us this beautiful cabin in the mountains to have me face a health obstacle. I know He will see us through it. In advance.............Thank You, Lord.





Sent from my iPad

1 comment:

  1. Been fighting sugar since 2015. Studying for my A1c test in September. My favorites are white bread, white rice, white potatoes, and cornbread. None of which are "legal" with too many carbs. It's not unmanageable, I just don't want the lecture from Dr. Terry; do we need to change your meds?
    My latest profession is a part-time technician at a blueprint and copy center. The owner and I have been friends since the mid 70's and he needed a little help since his helper recently passed away. I'm a little more hands on with the computer activities and chores and that is a big help, I suppose.
    We had to replace the compressor on the HVAC last Thursday. That was an expected occurrence (about every 20 years) and we had one sleepless night with no A/C. All is nice and cool now. Mississippi heat and humidity in August is formidable.
    We wanted to come to the meeting at the Cross on Saturday, but the Chinese Plague kept us home. Really miss you guys; You'll build a new relationship with green beans, Iceberg and Romaine lettuce, and canned turnip greens ("Glory Southern Seasoned" from WalMart are my favorite).

    ReplyDelete