Miles -what it means

.

Hand of GOD
"Hand of GOD"                                                                                                                                                  

Tuesday, August 11, 2020

August 11, 2020. Eureka Springs, AR. A Different America

To continue the thoughts from three days ago. I lost a favorite music teacher, at the hands of a hit-and-run driver, when I was in elementary school. It had a deep impact on me and how I understood and handled the death of someone I was close to.
When JFK was assassinated, and the further events of that weekend, America changed and there was a reality I had not faced before.
The deaths of RFK and MLK in 1968 and my military service, time in Vietnam, and return to the anti-war climate of Washington, D.C. made me see America in a different light and changed me and my faith in corporate America and the political leadership of our country. There have been many events since then which hardened me, caused me to hold strong opinions, and see an America which has lost its way morally and spiritually. When I "found" God it was like America had abandoned Him, and it is only getting worse. I don't know what the answer is, other than "finding" Him again and holding on and not letting go.
We are at a critical time, and we should not be tempted by slick slogans, spin doctors, the opinions of celebrities and sports "heroes", clever advertising gimmicks and political promises that are too good to be true. Be careful who you hitch your wagon to and be aware that we need to be wise in the decisions we make and realize that there will be consequences for unwise decisions. Pray for wisdom and The Truth






Sent from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment