Miles -what it means

.

Hand of GOD
"Hand of GOD"                                                                                                                                                  

Friday, November 8, 2019

November 8, 2019. Eureka Springs, AR. When The Body Breaks

"You're not as young as you used to be". That is a statement which applies to every human being, of any age or physical condition. If anyone is younger today than they were yesterday, it would be a phenomenon worthy of international news coverage, and one which would be counter to every law, scientific principle, or just plain ordinary common sense. So when we face diminishing physical capacity, pain which doesn't go away, or body parts which fail or need repair, it should come as no surprise.
But the truth hurts and it makes us contemplate what we are not going to do at all tomorrow which yesterday was done without effort or fear of failure. About six months ago I took what I thought was a minor fall during the Passion Play and banged my right shoulder as I hit the ground. I instantly knew I had hurt myself. I had limited movement for a few days and then returned to what I thought was my normal routine. When I finally realized I was not able to do at all what I had done easily before the fall, I saw my VA doctor, had an X-ray, MRI, appointment with an orthopedic surgeon and received a diagnosis of a complete supraspinatus tear of the rotator cuff tendon. Since surgery is not a guaranteed fix, I am now in the first phase of physical therapy. We are working on flexibility, reducing inflammation, relearning how to lift correctly, and very limited weight lifting (is one pound too much?).
At soon to be 74, I am not looking to returning to the intense physical activity of my pre-74 life, accept the fact that I will have to delegate some of my activities to younger people, and admit that I am not getting any younger. I also know that If God has a plan for me for the years to come, HE will lead me into that new season and equip me to do what HE wants me to do . All I need to do is ask......listen.......be willing.......teachable.....obedient.....and give my best effort......let go......and let God.......and...............Thank You, Lord


Sent from my iPad

1 comment: