Miles -what it means

.

Hand of GOD
"Hand of GOD"                                                                                                                                                  

Tuesday, November 5, 2019

November 5, 2019. Eureka Springs, AR. Posture

In the vernacular of drama, there is the phrase "act tall". It is a way to covey to the audience that you are an important character, a lead role, a person of power or influence and someone to be taken seriously.
Today I began physical therapy to try to strengthen the muscles in my right shoulder to help me possibly avoid rotator cuff surgery and still be able to do normal physical activities which require the use of both arms and shoulders. The first thing I was told by the therapist was to pull my shoulders back and stop slouching or being slope-shouldered. In other words stand up straight and "act tall". I have noticed that there are many Passion Play disciples and priests who are larger and taller than me, and I do have to consciously think and act tall or risk being lost in the crowd.
So today, in addition to having a series of exercises to perform three times a day, I have to pull my shoulders back, pull my stomach in, imagine a string attached to my head pulling me skyward, but still be relaxed enough to not look like Charles Atlas or Arnold Schwarzenegger at a Mr. Universe contest. It's worth a try and if I can avoid the knife and maybe grow another inch or two it will be worth it. Thank You, Ozark Physical Therapy, and Thank You, Lord.

Sent from my iPad

1 comment:

  1. Hang in there. I had a similar glitch in my right shoulder. I used a bungee with stretching exercises and after six weeks, the pain upon movement finally went away and I was able to throw, work above my head, and even operating the weed eater and blower quit hurting.

    ReplyDelete