Miles -what it means

.

Hand of GOD
"Hand of GOD"                                                                                                                                                  

Monday, December 24, 2018

December 24, 2018. Eureka Springs, AR. Christmas Eve Day

I wanted to write about the government shutdown, but changed my mind. That whole bit about "non-essential" government jobs wreaks of lunacy and trillions of dollars of debt. I had thought of writing about the stock market imploding, but heard the NYSE bell ring on Friday, saw the hoard of smiling and cheering people on the platform and wondered what I could possibly say that would be anything but cynical or sarcastic.
And then, I looked at the date, reflected on yesterday's church celebration of Jesus' birth and the joy of singing Christmas carols, and I thought it might be best to think of the peace, joy, calm and contentment I feel with our life and how we have chosen to live it. I write often about how thankful I am for the blessings we have received, the things we have chosen to be essentials for us and the reason we smile and cheer at the things we do. Our life is certainly not perfect. We have our sorrows and difficulties, but we accept life as it comes and are thankful we have a Father, Son and Holy Spirit as the bedrock of our life and a source of strength when we need to be strengthened.
All this being said........MERRY CHRISTMAS and THANK YOU, LORD.

Sent from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment