Miles -what it means

.

Hand of GOD
"Hand of GOD"                                                                                                                                                  

Wednesday, December 12, 2018

December 12, 2018. Eureka Springs, AR. I Can't Say It Any Better

> One of my favorite daily devotionals is Streams in the Desert, and one of my favorite daily devotionals in Streams in the Desert is the one for today, December 12. Karen and I have always worked hard in our paid jobs and as volunteers we have tried to give our best effort to every task we have been called to. I want to quote part of the 12/12 SITD devotional, since I really don't think I can express any better the reason we serve as we do:

"May we also go forth to higher endeavors for Christ, never resting until we can shout from the mountaintop 'I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith'

Finish your work, then rest,
'Till then rest never;
Since rest for you with God
Is rest forever.

God will examine your life not for medals, diplomas, or degrees but for battle scars.

A medieval singer once sang of his hero:

With his trusty sword for aid;
Ornament it carried none,
But the notches on the blade.

What nobler medal of honor could any godly person seek than the scars of service, personal loss for the crown of reward, disgrace for the sake of Christ, and being worn out in the Master's service!"

I can't say it any better.

> Sent from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment