Miles -what it means

.

Hand of GOD
"Hand of GOD"                                                                                                                                                  

Monday, November 12, 2018

November 12, 2018. Eureka Springs, AR. Veterans' Day

Yesterday Karen and I visited with Dick and Joan. Dick is 91 years old and a 20+ year Navy Veteran. He has been a fixture here at the Passion Play for over 30 years and was instrumental in helping erect the full-scale Tabernacle of Moses on our Holy Land Tour. For the past five years, he and I have been together teaching our guests about the Tabernacle and we're hopeful the doctors will allow him to come back for the 2019 season.
Yesterday, I was also able to connect by text with a few of my Veteran friends including one I was with in Vietnam for about eight months. It's been more than 20 years since I have had contact with Ken. A lot has happened in those years, to him and Barbara, Karen and me, and I hope we will be able to reunite and fill in the gap and be an encouragement to each other for what still lies ahead.
Today, Karen and I attended a Veterans Day ceremony at Eureka Springs High School, and there were some moving moments as the high school band, middle school and high school choir performed, a slide presentation honored local vets, a video of the Air Force Angel Flight was shown, a retired Air Force Colonel talked and then read Ted Nugent's "Take a Knee" condemnation of the NFL players' disrespect of our National Anthem. We were served a hot dog and hamburger lunch. The auditorium, holding less than 200, was filled with students and veterans and i was moved at the response of young and old to the program.
I just listened to the final part of a Dave Roever message on James Dobson's radio show. It was a powerful testimony of his horrific Vietnam War injury and even more powerful testimony of unwavering faith in Jesus. I will replay the message again when I sign off on this blog post.
What a great Veterans' Day(s) this has been for me as a Veteran and a Christian. A coin I carry with me bears the following statement: "Thousands died for My Freedom...One died for My Soul". A fitting message for this "Day" and all the days to come. Thank you, veterans and Thank You, Lord.


Sent from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment