Miles -what it means

.

Hand of GOD
"Hand of GOD"                                                                                                                                                  

Tuesday, February 20, 2018

February 20, 2018. Hot Springs, AR. Toto, I've a Feeling We're Not in Texas Anymore

Yesterday we left Colmesneil, the land of the pervasive yaupans, drove into southwest Arkansas the land of the pernicious kudzu vine, and are now in Hot Springs, AR in a torrential downpour which appears to be with us for the next few days, or more. We stopped yesterday afternoon in Murfreesboro, AR and mined for diamonds at a volcanic crater, one of the larges such mineral craters in the world. We slogged through mud for a few hours today, found a couple of pretty agates and jaspers, but no diamonds. When it looked like rain, we headed north to H.S. and our present location in the Gulpha Gorge Campground.
I had a unique experience today which was sprung on me too fast to find an excuse to say no to. As you are aware, Karen drives the motor home and I navigate and do the travel itinerary and stopping arrangements. As we started into Hot Springs in city traffic, Karen was beset with a situation which necessitated an escape from the driver's seat with no place to pull off the road or use a shoulder or parking lot to shut down, so for the first time EVER, I was called to drive the coach, and in city traffic, no less, changing drivers while at a stop light. But do it, I did, and I was able to drive about three miles, my first three RV miles EVER, keep it between the lines and navigate around some hairy turns until a relieved relief came back to finish the last few miles to the campground. It's good to know I can fill in, if needed, but I'm sure Karen feels more comfortable with me in the passenger's seat, and her behind the wheel. And to be honest, I feel better being the co-pilot rather than the pilot.
What a storm we are in. At the moment, it stretches from Monterrey, Mexico in a wide band all the way to nearly Toronto, Canada. Hang on everyone, and you too, Toto, we may be in for some Kansas-type serious weather for a while. But..........God has it under control.


Sent from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment