Miles -what it means

.

Hand of GOD
"Hand of GOD"                                                                                                                                                  

Saturday, December 23, 2017

December 23, 2017. Colmesneil, TX. Looking Back

The Internet has expanded our ability to look back in time and learn more about the events and places and people of our life. It's eye-opening to be able, in a matter of seconds, to see pictures, read articles or even hear the actual event taking place and bringing to mind our personal connection with that place, time or person. "I can remember it, like it was yesterday" is a not uncommon remark, as we recall the experience.
It's fun to look back, but often it leads to thoughts of "what if", " if I had done this instead of that", "wrong place at the wrong time", or a host of other qualifiers. What happened happened and it is only speculation as to what might have happened if we did something different, and the resulting path which might have been, stretches infinitely into infinity with no resolution other than mere speculation. What's done is done, and we bear the scars, legacy or consequences to this day, never to be redone or changed or erased from our "permanent record".
There was a reason for everything which happened to us, everything which happens to us now and what will happen to us for the rest of our life. It's out of our hands, as much as we think we are in control, and our hope is that we are rightly related to The One Who is in control and by that relationship we can be comforted with our past, our present and our future. Thank You, Lord, for letting me walk with You the past 18 years, knowing now that you knew me and were walking with me well before I acknowledged You as The Author and Perfecter of my faith and the true Guardian of my first 72 years. I look forward to what lies ahead, here and now, and beyond. I hope You're enjoying the ride as much as I am. On we go.

Sent from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment