Miles -what it means

.

Hand of GOD
"Hand of GOD"                                                                                                                                                  

Wednesday, November 29, 2017

November 29, 2017. Colmesneil, TX. Sleep

The VA in Fayetteville has helped me over the past eighteen months, or so, with all my health-care issues, procedures, medications immunizations, eye care, dental care and other health concerns. Before we left Arkansas, I had some concern about tremors in my hands and was examined by a neurologist who felt I was sleep deprived and needed to "catch up" on sleep I was losing. I've never been able to sleep long hours, and there was a period of time when I was getting only about 4 hours per night and often less than that.
While he did recommend I take Melatonin, I have been reluctant to use pills to help me sleep, so have not used it over the past month we have been away from Arkansas. I do use a CPAP machine to help with sleep apnea, and the machine does tell me about the amount and quality of sleep I get over a seven day and thirty day period. Over the past thirty days I have averaged seven hours per night (up from around six hours per night the previous month). Over the past week, I have averaged over seven-and-a-half hours sleep per night, so I am getting caught up as we slow down our work/travel schedule. I feel better, have less of a baggy look under my eyes and feel like the change of pace and change of scenery has been good for me.
Since we are without television, and there are no late night work responsibilities, Karen has been getting to sleep earlier and been sleeping more, too; and we can sleep in without early morning duties to attend to. This has been a good change for us and along with some modifications in our diet, reading about and implementing some nutrition alterations, and relaxing more, we are feeling better and gaining strength for the next assignment, whatever that may be. The weather has been very pleasant since we left Colorado, and with 70's during the day and 50's at night we have been very comfortable.
Sleep is good, rest is good........God is Good.

Sent from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment