Miles -what it means

.

Hand of GOD
"Hand of GOD"                                                                                                                                                  

Monday, November 20, 2017

November 20, 2017. Colmesneil, TX. On the Wog Again?

As I have begun the physical and hair growing preparation for the Passion Play the past four years, I start my wogging (walking/jogging) program sometime in January or February. This past year, I think I started in February, while we were still in Georgia, and soon developed a pain in my right heal which was uncomfortable enough to curtail the program. I delayed having it looked at by the VA until we returned to Arkansas, and even then it was well after the Play started in May.
The pain, plantar fasciitis, never really disappeared, the inserts made for the condition were never used because of the "pea gravel incident" and I still have a puffy ankle. I have not used the splint which is intended to restrict motion in my ankle since I feel I need to flex my ankle to prevent it from freezing up and being more limited than it is if I were to use the splint. But, as we are on hiatus from our physical activities in GA and AR, I felt the need to get back into "PP shape", lose a few pounds and be able to get into my winter jeans, which seem to have shrunk in the wash since last year at this time, if you know what I mean.
So, today, I went out for my long-delayed first wog since nine months ago, and well in advance of "spring training" time. I went out for about half an hour on the back roads of Colmesneil, TX. I met some local cows, who did not wog with me as they did in GA. I also met the neighbor-across-the-way's pit bull, who seemed more afraid of me than I was of him. I returned to the RV feeling okay, spent the day with Karen, Loren and Diane in Lufkin, TX walking around some hard-floored stores and am now blogging about my wogging with an ice pack on my heel, not sure if I need further medical advice before resuming the wog program, or just need some different strategy to get into my shrunken pants.
Oh, the complexities of trying to stay active, and pain-free, as we grow older. As Loren and I discussed our health and wellness condition today, we accept that each of us have our individual issues, but he and I are blessed to be able to still contribute, and will continue to do so however and wherever we are called. It may not be the best, but it far better than it could be, and for that.......we are thankful. Yes...........Thank You, Lord.

Sent from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment