Miles -what it means

.

Hand of GOD
"Hand of GOD"                                                                                                                                                  

Thursday, October 26, 2017

October 26, 2017. Eureka Springs, AR. Times Have Changed

There was a time, when I participated in and watched a lot of sports. I remember rushing home from grade school to watch the World Series on television. It wasn't until 1971, when I was in my 20's, that WS games were played at night. Since I was a big New York Yankee fan, and the Yankees were in a lot of Series when I was young, I didn't want to miss the exploits of my favorite team.
I watched a lot of baseball games over the years and even tried out for two major league teams (Astros and Royals) in my younger days. But times have changed. I haven't played baseball or softball for more than fifteen years, and the last four years "on the road", I have rarely even watched a baseball game. Last night as I was scrolling through the channels, I noticed that the World Series was going to be on, and it was only by googling "MLB playoffs" a few days ago that I knew that the Dodgers and Astros were the teams playing. So, I turned on the game. It was the first baseball game I had watched the entire season and I was not at all surprised to find out that I knew very few of the players. I think there were about five players I knew anything about.
After nine innings, the game was tied 3-3 and it was nearly 10:30. I had no reason to go to sleep, other than 10:30 is my usual bedtime on non-performance days. I didn't need to be up early today, so there was no reason not to watch the end of the game. But, I had had enough, and off to bed I went. The game went eleven innings. There were seven more runs scored, and the Astros held on to win the game. I guess I missed some exciting moments.
Yes, times have changed. A lot of other things in "the world", besides baseball, which used to interest me and be a staple of my "personality", have lost their importance and pull on my time and energy. There are a lot of things which were on my "bucket list" but have now been dumped out of the bucket, not even on my "radar". I'm not saying that I have given up, just that my priorities are different and my goals less about this world", and more about the one, and The One, to come. One day at a time, Lord, and all for Your Glory. I'm glad I'm on His team.
Sent from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment