Miles -what it means

.

Hand of GOD
"Hand of GOD"                                                                                                                                                  

Sunday, September 17, 2017

September 17, 2017. Eureka Springs, AR. Playing Hurt

In athletics, as in life, there are times when we are at less than full strength. We are unable to give 100% to our "job". We may be placed on injured reserve, put on the disabled list, asked to sit on the bench, sent down to the minors for rehab, listed as day-to-day, unable to perform, limited participation, questionable, probable or any number of other degrees of partial duty. But sometimes we have to make a choice - play hurt or take ourself out of the game.
Since my run-in with the pea gravel bucket two-and-half weeks ago, I have seen three doctors, had multiple "opinions", tired a wide range of medical, homeopathic and prayerful remedies and have stepped back from many of my duties here at TGPP. With limited workers, there are some things I still have to do, but in other areas there are others who can step in and give me more time to "put my leg up". In some cases, it is a chance for them to get a leg up on a new role or job and bring a fresh look to what may have become stale or predictable when I was doing it.
In ministry it's important to do what we are called to do, but we are also called to train up others to take our place, use a gift or talent they may not have known they had, and be prepared should we end up on the wrong side of a pea gravel bucket. We all have to play hurt at times, but God may have something else in mind for us up the road, and needs us to "live to fight another day".
If you have access to the Streams In The Desert devotional, read the entry for yesterday, September 16 about hiding in the Kerith Ravine (1 Kings 17:3). When I read it yesterday morning, it spoke to me in answer to my prayer for guidance and comfort through this injury and my attitude toward it. The right Word at the right time. Thank You, Lord.
Sent from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment