Miles -what it means

.

Hand of GOD
"Hand of GOD"                                                                                                                                                  

Friday, January 27, 2017

January 27, 2017. Madison, GA. How Did That Happen?

The other day I was watching Stewart, the head of our Braille Ministry, walk from his house on the SLMI campus, up the hill to the trash dumpster, up a flight of irregularly spaced stairs, to a combination-lock-boxed door, open it, and proceed to his office. That doesn't seem like too complicated a journey, except that Stewart is blind. He has been known to walk by himself more than a mile to visit people. He amazes us with his ability to negotiate, irregular surfaces, hallways, stairs, use paper money in stores and restaurants, cook, do his laundry and usually is dressed in clothes which match and socks which are the same color.
Yesterday I was walking on the SLMI property and really concentrated on the things I was seeing and how they may seem to be the same as they were the day before, but have subtle changes which we may take note of, but really take for granted in the grand scheme of things. It's amazing to me how many "details" there are in our daily life and how sight makes them easier for us to safely navigate. And yet, Stewart must adapt instantly to any situation which has changed and do so before he "runs into" trouble and possible danger. My concentration on the details of what I was seeing made me realize how many details there are in every second of our day. How was that product made? How did someone even think of the specific product and then how to manufacture it? How do we select the product we want, and can afford, from so many choices and options? And, as I look out the front window, I see Stewart and a companion walking arm and arm toward his house, with her carrying the cane, to enjoy the lunch hour together. And, why do I have my sight, and Stewart lost his his as a young child?
How does all this, all these details and situations, happen? When I hear people say there is no design to life, there is no God to orchestrate it and hold it all together, I just shake my head and wonder, how is there any other conclusion than God, God's plan, and God's control of our life and the details yet to come. If we had to explain the "science" of it all, we'd get bogged down in endless minutiae, be constantly analyzing, scrutinizing and Google-ing, and our lives would be "nerded" beyond belief. The best advice........let go and leave it to God. And......bless you Stewart for the noble way you navigate life and inspire us to use our God-given gifts to help and encourage others.

Sent from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment