Miles -what it means

.

Hand of GOD
"Hand of GOD"                                                                                                                                                  

Monday, August 15, 2016

August 15, 2016. Eureka Springs, AR. When it Rains.........

Today was one of those cloudy, grey, 70'ish days with the weather forecast predicting intermittent rain from early to late. It looked like it would be a stay-inside-type day, a day to read, sew my crosses, watch the Olympics and rest up from resting over the weekend.
Since it wasn't raining at 8:30, I went out and decided to work with James on the Marketplace behind the Eastern Gate. He's building an area for craftsmen to make and sell their wares on performance days. He designed the area, has had some help, but there is a wide variety of work to be done and it has been mostly a one-man project. Until today, I hadn't been involved, but with the lighter performance schedule the next three weeks, I wanted to help him where I could, and today seemed like a good day to ease back into work after my heart cath and the prospect of a short work day
At 4pm I ran out of steam, and at 4:10 it started raining. So, it turned out to be a full work day working on the roofs, felting, stapling, nailing, bolting supports and laying ceramic tile on one section. It was good to get back to work, but the short work day never materialized. At least it was cool and a welcome change from the blistering heat we have had for the past 6 weeks.
Now, it looks like it will be raining for a while. The radar shows a good patch of moisture on the way from Texas, so it's setting up like a good evening to stay inside, read, sew my crosses, watch the Olympics and rest from working when I thought I would be resting. Our friends Jerry and Renee will be arriving back from Florida in a while so we will share dinner, relax and do all the other things from the previous sentence. What a life we lead. What a Great life we lead. How blessed we are.

Sent from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment