Miles -what it means

.

Hand of GOD
"Hand of GOD"                                                                                                                                                  

Saturday, September 5, 2015

September 5, 2015. Eureka Springs, AR. False Start

Yesterday I sat down to blog and part way through realized that I would need to write until the cows came home to say all I wanted to say. And, besides, the tone was becoming very negative, very critical and I was getting tired of listening to someone gripe and complain and moan and realized that I not only didn't like anything, but didn't like the author (myself) who was writing such stuff. So the blog disappeared into the Internet trash pile to be read only by those with far more Internet savvy than me or possibly lodged in some cloud somewhere, which is a mystery to me. The false start was a first in my blogging career and made me glad I didn't accidently hit the send button instead of the delete button. I start anew today with new thoughts and a better attitude.
Tomorrow we will have our last of two Sunday performance days as we get into the final stretch of the 2015 season. Our play will start an hour earlier which means we will finish at 9:15
rather than 10:15 and thus be able to get to sleep well before midnight. I have always wondered how entertainers or athletes who work late hours are able to unwind, get the nutrition they need and get to sleep and rest after doing their gig into the wee hours of the morning. I know my six years of working the night shift led to health issues and other issues which made life more difficult, and led to my early departure from the "work" world. My volunteer career has not always been easy, but it sure has brought me more joy and happiness and a feeling that this is the real "work" I have been called to do.
Thanks, Lord, for the call back to the blocks after yesterday's false start. I enjoyed writing and reading this blog and hope it sits well with those who have been following our journey. See y'all in a few days.


Sent from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment