Miles -what it means

.

Hand of GOD
"Hand of GOD"                                                                                                                                                  

Monday, September 28, 2015

September 28, 2015. Eureka Springs, AR. The Heart of the Matter

On a Monday night exactly seven years ago, I was in Poudre Valley Hospital in Fort Collins, Colorado having suffered a heart attack, receiving two stents to correct 99 and 95 percent blockages, having a heavy sandbag pressing down on my groin to apply pressure where a plug would not stay in place and told not to move until further notice. I didn't realize or even accept what was happening, but it was the beginning of a dramatic change in my life and my approach to it.
I had always thought of myself as confident and capable, and while I had given my life to Christ in 1999, I still held on to many of my attitudes and my pride. Over the next few months, God made it clear that not only were things about to change, but change was essential for me to continue my journey as a Christian and to serve Him on His terms and not my own. Physically I had to slow down, mentally I had to grow up and spiritually I needed to back off and let God direct Karen and me in our walk with Him.
The story is not one which can be told in a few sentences or the story would lose its impact and its import. Let me just say that our life changed and we are grateful for where God has taken us and what is still in His plan for us, even though we have no idea what that may entail, where we will be asked to serve Him or how long the journey will continue. I have spent more time than ever sitting quietly with no desire to think about anything or do anything besides sitting and am so at peace in those moments that I wonder how this can bring me such joy and contentment, and the next moment I am hard at a task which has arisen and I have no qualms about diving into it and getting it done. At days end, we put our tired bodies to sleep and rise the next day to willingly do it all again. God is so Good and He blesses us beyond what we could ever imagine. We press on believing, trusting and resting in You. Thank You, Lord.

Sent from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment