Miles -what it means

.

Hand of GOD
"Hand of GOD"                                                                                                                                                  

Friday, July 24, 2015

July 24, 2015. Eureka Springs, AR. Lost and Found

Last August, I wrote a blog about a key and a lock lost in two separate places on the Passion Play grounds, found on the same day, only to discover that the key and lock were a working set when reunited. I have told the story of the key and lock many times and always carried the key and lock with me until I misplaced them about two weeks ago. About that same time I lost a pocket cross I have carried with me for the past four years. I've lost the cross a number of times only to find it when I retrace my steps that day or the next. But this time I felt the cross was really lost as well as the key and lock.
But I didn't abandon hope and two days ago the key and lock showed up in the pocket of a pair of cargo shorts which had been washed twice since the key and lock disappeared and when I told Karen about finding them and about the cross also missing, I told her I just needed to pray for the cross's return and would need to keep my eyes on the ground before me. This sounds like fiction, but I opened the motor home door, looked down and there next to the front step was the pocket cross. How many times had I come in and gone out, without noticing the cross right under my feet. I'm not surprised, but always amazed, how prayers big or small are answered and some almost before the "in Jesus' name" is uttered. God wants us to know that He hears our prayers, wants us to ask for our needs and the needs of others to be met and that He is with us and for us all the time.
Yesterday as I walked across the parking lot, I looked down and saw another shiny object. I now have a second smaller pocket cross, an added "found" blessing from the God of abundance and grace, who provides and provides and provides. Thank You, Lord

Sent from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment