Miles -what it means

.

Hand of GOD
"Hand of GOD"                                                                                                                                                  

Thursday, July 2, 2015

July 2, 2015. Eureka Springs, AR. It Was A Dark and Stormy Night........

The wise and prolific writer, Snoopy, begins all his literary efforts with the classic opening line first written by Edward Bulwer-Lytton in his 1830 novel, "Paul Clifford". I've never read the E B-L novel, but I am a big Snoopy fan and always enjoy his take on the affairs of the day and his approach to life.
When Karen and I lived in Tulsa from 1974 to 1977, I needed surgery on my right foot and Karen, knowing my feelings about Snoopy, gave me a stuffed Snoopy which has been a constant and prized companion ever since. Snoop has travelled the country with us from the Tulsa days, has resided on the dashboard of our car, motor home and when in our house, on the nightstand next to my side of the bed. He was lost briefly in California in 1983 when we participated in the Race Across America, but found his way back and was reunited, never to be separated again. He has weathered many a dark and stormy night, including a brief episode last night, and we have enjoyed nearly 40 years together. Thanks, Snoop, for enduring the journey with us and allowing me to write about you on our website. It's been a great ride.

Sent from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment