Miles -what it means

.

Hand of GOD
"Hand of GOD"                                                                                                                                                  

Thursday, February 24, 2022

February 24, 2022. Holiday Island, AR. A Season of Rest

My last blog was a remembrance of acquaintances who have gone to rest with The Lord. Their efforts and accomplishments for The Kingdom are a legacy which remains for us still laboring in His Harvest. But, for me, the past three months or so have been a season of rest from the Passion Play and my duties there. I have committed to leading Holy Land tours on Wednesdays, but for the past eight weeks, I have led just three tours due to weather cancellations on the other five Wednesdays. My recovery from Covid has left me with decreased stamina and even work around the cabin has been minimal, and this season of rest and recovery, has been somewhat welcome to me. I have some upcoming appointments at the VA and I look forward to visiting with the doctors to find a medical reason for this season. But, in reality, I think it is God's plan to possibly point me in a new direction for my duties at the Passion Play, church ministry or even something different.
Today's Streams in the Desert devotional talked about those who labor for The Lord behind the scenes or in efforts which seem mundane or inconsequential, but are still essential for His Kingdom's impact on others. This season of rest may be just what The Doctor, the Great Physician, has ordered for me. It may be a time to listen more, speak less and let my personal desires take a back seat to His. Enough said. Thank You, Lord.

Sent from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment