Miles -what it means

.

Hand of GOD
"Hand of GOD"                                                                                                                                                  

Saturday, May 16, 2020

May 16, 2020. Eureka Springs, AR. United(?) States of America

Throughout the history of our country, there have been differences of opinion on just about everything. There were those who didn't want to "separate" from England and remain a colony rather than seek independence. Pick any era of our 244 year journey and there is always disunity in our unity. We even have a period when we went to war with ourselves. The current situation is not really very different.
Our Congress has one house with a Republican majority, the other a Democratic majority, 26 States have Republican Governors while 24 have a Democratic leader. Our news comes from either a liberal slant or a conservative spin and our stands on issues like abortion, immigration policy, gender issues, religious preferences, race relations, health care and virtually everything else are widely dissimilar. The opinions on the current pandemic, open or stay at home, essential businesses, government stimulus and "free" business loans and press conferences where the "team" message is more like a free-for-all than a united front. We like our independence and love to flaunt it.
One of my devotionals this morning said: "Father, open my heart and close my lips and let me exalt You in silent reverence this day. Amen". I was doing fairly well with that advice while I was working by myself, but once I got around others, and then started this post, I haven't done so good. I think I'll go back in my "cave". See you next time.

Sent from my iPad

1 comment:

  1. My comments to the mostly liberal in-laws has placed a wide gulf between me and them for the present time. Another reason to retain The President this fall.
    We do have friends in Papua New Guinea and could move there and try to make it until all of the retirement and Social Security funds have been liberated and re-allocated...
    Well, that's comforting-
    Heard the play is opening next week -

    How long will it take for folks to wake up and see how they've been led down a primrose path.

    See ya!

    ReplyDelete