Miles -what it means

.

Hand of GOD
"Hand of GOD"                                                                                                                                                  

Saturday, January 26, 2019

January 26, 2019. Eureka Springs, AR. The Times, They Are A-Chaingin

Bob Dylan wrote a song in 1963 with the above title. I wasn't into his music and never really knew the words, or what the song was intended to convey, but the title popped into my mind a few minutes ago, so I looked up the lyrics, listened to the song and am still not sure what it was about.
In 1963, I graduated high school and started college. When JFK was assassinated in November, 1963 it was obvious that the country was changing and it changed drastically because of the Vietnam War, the various political and civil rights activities and so many other things like computers, the influence of television, faster travel and on and over the ensuing 55 years. It's absolutely amazing how the world has changed, how much information we have at our fingertips, medical advances, moral standards so different and things which were once unknown are now common knowledge. Some changes have been for the good and some have definitely set us back a long way. In some ways I feel better off, and in some I feel old and out of sync with those around me.
And, to make it even tougher, the times are still changing, and changing at an even faster pace than before. Where will it all take us and how will some of us adapt to it? Just like I don't understand all that has happened to our country and our world since 1963, I guess I'll just have to find my niche, try to fit in, adhere to the morality which has taken me this far and keep running the race, being true to what I believe and trusting that the God I serve will take me where He will and do with me what He will, in the timing He has for me. Quite a journey......and where and when it ends.........He knows. Thank You, Lord.




Sent from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment