Miles -what it means

.

Hand of GOD
"Hand of GOD"                                                                                                                                                  

Sunday, July 23, 2017

July 23, 2017. Eureka Springs, AR. Sabbath

When God created creation, He also created the Sabbath, a day He rested from His work of creation and asked us to do the same, Not all of us actually create anything, but we do do something and need to occasionally step back from doing it to renew our strength, rest our physical bodies and enjoy the "fruits" of our labor. Too many of us don't take enough time "off" and wear ourselves down, get tired of what we do and lose interest and sometimes even burn out and quit an activity we once enjoyed.
Today is the Sabbath. I didn't really rest very much today, but I did sleep an hour longer than usual. When I got up, I "picked up" the amphitheater, did some other Passion Play duties, came back to the RV and had my usual morning time with The Lord, journaling and reading devotionals and The Bible. By then it was too late to get to church. A Sabbath rest from church. That sounds like a bad thing, but sometimes we need a break from what is normally a good thing. I then did our family laundry and in the process finished up the PP cast laundry which was started by others after the performance last night. While that does qualify as work, it's not really strenuous, and does give a break to the others who work so hard during the week to keep our cast "in clean clothes".
Now it's time to blog, and I really don't know what to write about, so I'm propped up in bed, hoping to think of something to write. In the alternative, I may just close my eyes for a while and perhaps take a late afternoon Sabbath nap. The blog can always wait for later, but if I do fall asleep, I'll just post what I've written now and it can qualify as my scheduled blog. Writing can sometimes be hard work, especially on the Sabbath, when we are supposed to rest and not create, which is what a blogger does when he does blog. Yawn!!!

Sent from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment