Miles -what it means

.

Hand of GOD
"Hand of GOD"                                                                                                                                                  

Saturday, November 28, 2015

November 28, 2015. Madison, GA. Old Friends

I'm not a country boy. I grew up in mid-sized cities, went to college and law school in big cities, never had a pet other than a paranoid cat for about three months, and was never around animals. But for the past two years at the Passion Play we have been close to animals and I have developed a fondness for them, especially donkeys. The Passion Play donkeys are a hoot. I made a point of visiting them in the barn area whenever I had some free time and was able to have closer contact with them during the Play when I had the role of either Thomas or Philip, who fetched the donkey for Jesus before the Triumphal Entry scene.
Here in Madison, we are adjacent to a large field which "feeds" a herd of cattle and four donkeys. A year ago, I befriended the donkeys here and when we came back earlier this month I was able to renew that friendship. A few days ago we met at the fence, had a petting and sniffing session and I was able to get some pictures. It's been wonderful to catch up with our human friends here and get back to the work of the ministry, but it gives me such a peaceful, contented feeling to be with friends who expect nothing more than having their nose and forehead rubbed, their back scratched and maybe some freshly mown grass to eat. All part of God's glorious creation for us to enjoy.

Sent from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment