Miles -what it means

.

Hand of GOD
"Hand of GOD"                                                                                                                                                  

Monday, April 6, 2015

April 6, 2015. Madison, GA. Too complicated

In my senior year of high school I took calculus. I have no idea why I took the course; I never understood what calculus was used for and after just looking on Google for an explanation of what calculus is, I still have no idea about its use, and I marvel at the fact that I passed the course and graduated from high school. Over the years I have encountered many concepts, theories, ideas and technical details which go well beyond my ability to comprehend or put into practical use. I know a lot of big words, can complete most crossword puzzles, but when it comes to mechanical, hydraulic, nuclear, medical, theoretical or any other technical stuff, I come up way short and am baffled by how or why any of it works.
There are too many choices, too many variations, too many slight distinctions and too many opinions for me to handle on a regular basis and I tend to question why there is a need for so many things when ONE will do just fine. The shelves and racks of our stores and the on-line alternatives boggle my mind and I wonder how any of them survive such competition. There are so many churches, so many bible translations, so many devotionals and so many opinions on the same verse or concept, it's a wonder that we have any areas of agreement and unity. I know that one of the reasons I never pursued a legal career after completing my legal education was that truth was a fleeting concept and two lawyers had three or more different opinions of the same set of facts and when they said they agreed, they got into an argument about it. It was just too complicated and too confrontational.
Even now, the weather forecast calls for rain later in the day, the radar shows no clouds in the area and it's raining anyway and messing up any chance of mowing some areas which are beginning to look like a tropical rain forest. I stayed up too late, got up too early and I think my circadian rhythm, whatever that is, is out of whack. I think I'll post this to the website.........and take a nap. See you in a few days.

Sent from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment