Miles -what it means

.

Hand of GOD
"Hand of GOD"                                                                                                                                                  

Saturday, August 2, 2014

August 2, 2014. Eureka Springs, AR. The Key and The Lock

I don't think I've ever posted to our blog two days in a row, but I have an amazing story to relate.
After my post yesterday, I felt that I hadn't done more than let an amazing picture speak what I wasn't able to. I left the motor home on my way toward the first chore of the day, "picking up" the amphitheater from the previous might's performance. As I was crossing the parking lot toward the amphitheater, I was picking up scraps of paper, cigarette butts and other items, when I saw a small key less than an inch long. As I walked by the first trash bin, I threw what I had collected away, including the key. I walked another 100 yards or so to the amphitheater and started my routine, up and down and across the 4000 seats. I was picking up the usual paper cups, popcorn bag ties, candy wrappers, sunflower seed shells, ticket stubs, coins, empty water bottles and other items, when I saw a shiny item which turned out to be a small lock. My first thought was, what are the odds that I might have found the lock which would be the match for the key I had found and then thrown away. I finished my pick up chore, and returned to the trash bin and sifted through it and found the key, and to my amazement and delight, the key opened the lock. I had to tell this sequence of events to someone, and as we prayed to start the Holy Land day, I told them about my find and how it had impacted me. I've told the story a bunch of times already and I have honestly been changed by the experience and the reactions to it from the people I tell it to.
There is no one conclusion which can be drawn from the story. There are limitless lessons to be gleaned from it and as I've heard before, "that will preach". Draw your own moral to the story, see the way God can bring together two items, two people or two events into union and make things which are useless by themselves become useful together. Again, the lessons to be learned are endless, and it has changed me in a way I can only thank God for orchestrating. My eyes have been opened, I may have even found the Master Key. I just need to take time off from telling the story to listening to God for the message or messages He has for me. But I just can't stop telling the story. In any event, THANK YOU LORD. I am listening.

Sent from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment