Miles -what it means

.

Hand of GOD
"Hand of GOD"                                                                                                                                                  

Sunday, May 25, 2014

May 25, 2014. Eureka Springs, AR. Our role in God's Play

I've always thought of God as the Director of "This Is Your Life", but I've never really expressed that idea publicly. Now, as an experienced blogger of nearly half a year, I've put it on paper so that the millions of you reading this post can think about how insightful and deep I have become on this journey. God has really done a number on me and I feel like God has brought us to this place on the mountain to give us a infusion of maturity and a new awareness of His role as Director of our lives and our need to just rest in Him and follow His Son.
Friday, I was introduced to one of the long-time "Jesus figures" in the Passion Play. He is a potter in the Holy Land and plays the Jesus role in the Play from time to time(we saw him in that role on the opening night of this season). We talked about our walk with The Lord and after a time he asked me if I would consider being in the Play in addition to our other volunteer duties at TGPP. That very night I was being issued my Play clothing and told I would be Nathanael, one of The Twelve Disciples. Quite a role for a first time participant. As I followed my guide, Gideon who played the role of Thaddeus, I saw people who had various paid and volunteer jobs during the day, playing roles in The Play. Many of the Play performers have full time day jobs and a number work here on the grounds. Herod mows lawns, Judas is a pastor of the church we attended a few weeks ago, last night's Jesus was a crowd member the night before yelling for that Jesus' crucifixion, Judas on Friday was Peter on Saturday. I was so busy concentrating on my role's responsibilities that all I saw was faces of people I knew in other "roles" playing roles in the Play. Such is life for all of us as Christians. Jesus played many roles in His 33 year life, and as His disciples and followers, He calls us to play a variety of roles as well. How we respond and how obedient to His call translates into how abundant and full our life can be. What a joy it is to be in this place and to be exposed to the wide variety of roles God is opening up for us to play. Be receptive, be willing, be blessed and share that blessing with others. That is the message God is giving me and the message I want to blog on to you. There is joy to be found in every task, no matter how menial or insignificant it may seem. Thank You God for the roles You assign and the example of Your Son that we follow.


Sent from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment