Miles -what it means

.

Hand of GOD
"Hand of GOD"                                                                                                                                                  

Saturday, January 4, 2020

January 4, 2020. Eureka Springs, AR. When The Body wears Out

As we age we need to accept the fact that we can't do the things we used to do in our younger days without a second thought. That acceptance doesn't come easily, especially for me, and I am realizing that I have been fortunate over the last 74 years to recover from injuries, refuse to step back from physical tasks and participate rather than watch or supervise.
But, I think I will have to re-evaluate my situation. When I injured my shoulder last May, I knew I had hurt myself, but didn't want to admit it. When the MRI confirmed the Injury, I opted for therapy rather than surgery. The therapy was working until I fell in early December and couldn't do the exercises prescribed for me. At that point I began to "lose heart" and that was not a good thing. My therapy sessions have ended, unless the VA allows me an extension, and I still don't want to go under the knife. So, what do I do? I need to get on the program of God's purpose for what I am going thru. I need to get stronger spiritually, keep doing what I can physically, do the exercises which I can, and be a source of optimism to those around me and know that there is more to serving God and His Kingdom than trying to be a "physical stud" when I am no longer physically able to be one.
I am preaching to myself as well as to others who are facing physical challenges; and we all need to face the reality of our limitations, but know that God has other tasks for us which have no limitations except our own attitude about our new role. Step up to the fact.........".we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day." And this is the eternal glory God has planned for each of us who remains abandoned to Him and His will for us. Keep the faith.

Sent from my iPad

1 comment:

  1. Well, Susan and I will pray for your recovery;
    The story goes that there are healing springs on the grounds, being the headwaters of the stream feeding the Sea of Galilee; give yourself a dip in Galilee or scoop up some water and annoint your shoulder... Take care

    ReplyDelete