Miles -what it means

.

Hand of GOD
"Hand of GOD"                                                                                                                                                  

Wednesday, January 1, 2020

Fwd: January 1, 2020. Eureka Springs, AR. Happy New Year

> Another day, another new year. Over 27,000 times, I have woken up to a new day, looking back at what I did or failed to do and anticipating what is to come in the hours ahead.
> Every morning for the past 20+ years, I have begun my day reading Scripture and several other devotionals. I read the Old and New Testament from start to finish each year and there is always something "new" in what I read as my mind seems to focus on different elements of the daily portion. One of my devotionals is a little daily calendar I bought in Saratoga, Wyoming sometime in the early 2000's and the entry for January 1 starts my new year off every year since:
> O Lord
> Help me to live this year
> Quietly, easily
> To lean upon Thy great strength
> Trustfully, restfully
> To wait for the unfolding of Thy will
> Patiently, serenely
> To meet others
> Peacefully, joyfully
> To face each tomorrow courageously
>
> I pray this for each and every one of us, and for a world so needy for the thoughts expressed and the importance of attaining them in our lives. Be with us all, Lord, now and forever.
>
>
> Sent from my iPad

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for that, Hal. I've been negligent trying to read your blogs; promise to do better. Hope you have another good year in Eureka!

    ReplyDelete