Miles -what it means

.

Hand of GOD
"Hand of GOD"                                                                                                                                                  

Sunday, January 19, 2020

January 19, 2020. Eureka Springs, AR. The High Cost of............

As I watch the NFL playoffs, I notice many of the State Farm commercials "star" Aaron Rodgers and Patrick Mahomes who may meet in a few weeks in the Super Bowl. Both these players are highly skilled, highly thought of and highly paid for what they do on the football field and in the advertising field, as well. As a customer of State Farm insurance for over 45 years, I wonder how much my insurance rates have been impacted by the endorsement package given to these two men.
In fact, I wonder how much we are impacted by the money paid to star athletes, entertainers, actors and other high profile people on the products we happen to buy and the cost of advertising, promotion and other "attention getters" used by manufacturers. I have always tried to avoid patronizing products which use offensive tactics in their advertising and I don't believe I have ever been lured into buying a product just based on the spokesman in the ad, the music in the background or the cuteness of the babies or animals shown in the commercials.
Whatever, the Chiefs have just earned a spot in the Super Bowl. Aaron Rodgers will have his chance in a while, and I'm sure State Farm is rooting hard for the Packers. I really can't complain.......State Farm has treated us pretty well all these years..........and we were customers before either Aaron or Patrick were even born. Maybe Karen and I should contact State Farm about starring in a commercial based on our loyalty to their company...........I jest.

Sent from my iPad

1 comment:

  1. You funny.
    Outside temperature Saturday 72°, this morning 29°. No wonder we can't shake off these colds.
    Take care!

    ReplyDelete